SIP Trunks connect your business to the nationwide telephone network, via Broadband, Ethernet or Private Circuit, working seamlessly with each of the leading IP PBX brands in the UK market, such as Avaya IP Office and others. It is the modern alternative to ISDN, the service which BT will discontinue by 2025. The move from ISDN to SIP will provide a more flexible and lower cost alternative for inbound and outbound voice calls.
SIP trunks offer significant cost-savings for enterprises, eliminating the need for local PSTN gateways, costly ISDN BRIs (Basic Rate Interfaces) or PRIs (Primary Rate Interfaces). In other words, SIP trunks do away with the need to buy ISDN30 or ISDN2. Best of all, Telefonix Voice & Data SIP trunks also come with 5000 FREE bundled 01,02 and 03 minutes AND 2000 Mobile Minutes per channel on all major mobile networks! (conditions apply).
The end of ISDN
In May 2015 BT stated that it intended to migrate all customers onto the IP network by 2025, switching off PSTN and ISDN. This means that your network is likely to force you to move at some time in the future to an unknown solution, with unknown costs. 2025 may seem a long way off, but the process will take BT a long time, and is therefore expected to start relatively soon to meet the end of life date.
Find out how you can benefit from reduced costs, improved connectivity and business agility by changing to SIP.
- Make large savings on your line rental and call costs
- Reduce the number of ISDN lines but with minimal upfront capital expenditure
- Increase your call capacity to connect multisite locations and remote workers
- Avoid complicated discount structures or long-term lock-ins
- Make free calls between your branches and offices
- Boost resilience for reliable, high-quality connectivity
- Ensure business continuity and disaster recovery
- Enable flexible working while controlling costs
- Expand call capacity with same-day effect
- Add new geographic numbers for any UK or ROI area code