Business Fibre Broadband is revolutionising broadband speed and efficiency across the UK, opening up cloud computing and high quality VoIP opportunities for every business.
Fibre optic cables run directly between a (BT) exchange and street cabinets that contain Broadband equipment. Using Fibre To The Cabinet (FTTC) allows much faster broadband speeds than the copper wire previously used, as it connects to Fibre Broadband using the existing copper network. Available to both home and business users and comes with service speeds, ranging from 36Mbps to 78Mbps, dependent on your distance from the cabinet. It is now one of the most preferred connectivity options for businesses supporting critical cloud applications, telephony, collaboration tools, and IT networks.
FTTC is a crucial part of the UK Government 'Broadband Delivery UK' project. Their target to reach 90% coverage for "superfast broadband" (24Mbps+) availability is being reached. All these contracts (delivered by BT) has prominantly used up the 80Mbps capable Fibre-to-the-Cabinet (FTTC) service. The second target is to reach 95% coverage by 2018 - which is more than 1 million new premises.
We can check your coverage and availability for internet connectivity and if this does not suit your requirements, we can find out if FTTC will be delivered in that timeframe for your business.
- High speed access:
- Download and upload speeds up to 80Mbps and quicker back-up.
- Less delay in bringing up multimedia internet pages.
- Additional bandwidth to improve the performance of Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) making uploads and downloads more efficient - which enables remote working, multimedia and conferencing options, and streaming becomes easier.
- Quick to provision
- Uncapped usage - no caps on the amount of data used (subject to fair usage policy)
- Static IP included
- Connectivity will be equipped for exponential growth in high definition video and streaming.
- Lower call costs by taking advantage of VoIP delivered over Fibre
- Our broadband services involve monthly internet packages, often at a cheaper cost than alternatives, and provide full support.
However to assess the precise benefits of FTTC for your business you will need a professional engineer to visit your site and identify what you need.
Why not talk to Telefonix Voice & Data to find out how to get the best from fibre broadband for business and arrange a site visit?