Have you moved to SIP trunks for your business phone lines, from obsolete and outdated ISDN phone lines?
In 2015, BT announced it will switch all its PSTN and ISDN phone lines to VoIP (Voice over IP) on SIP trunks by 2025. It’s a smart move for BT to remove the legacy from its network to better compete as IP becomes standard for all communications services, however the task is huge, the costs for you are unknown, and the transition might not be smooth.
BT will stop the process before 2025 and will stop selling ISDN in 2020 - you don't want to be left with obsolete and expensive business phone lines which with uncontrolled costs.
Another challenge is the convergence of IT and telecomms to adapt to the fast-paced business world. Unified communications is the ideal.
- Businesses who have already moved to SIP for their communications are more agile and competitive, because it provides better connectivity, lower costs and better call quality. But other businesses lag behind.
- A huge 67% of IT managers don't know what SIP is. Many concerns that business owners have about SIP trunks are unfounded; it is simply a better IP based service for telephony and multimedia.
The benefits of voice over IP (VoIP) are proven for business phone lines – our SIP trunks provide more flexible, cost effective and collaborative features than ISDN phone lines. A business that runs on SIP phone lines is powered for scale and collaboration.
ISDN to SIP adoption is one of the easiest technical migrations and can be done remotely within a day for your entire business, across locations.
- Move offices and still keep the same geographic number where you were based, with no call forwarding costs
- Maintain better business continuity. Re-route calls to alternative destinations quickly and easily in times of disruption
- Your business has the ability to add, remove and change business phone lines and re-route to multiple devices
- Reduce call costs. IP connectivity costs less than ISDN and offers free internal calls
- Rationalise ISDN lines and reduce the number of PBXs – PBXs can even be hosted in the cloud
- Utilise a phone service that can cope with any emergency and offer 100% uptime
- Use a single connection for high quality voice and data services
- Cost efficiency and no upfront investment with SIP phone lines to support your business phone system
- Reduced cost with significant savings to be made on call costs and line rental
- SIP call quality is better than ISDN with the right internet connectivity
- VoIP service and VoIP phones enables voice, video and audio conferencing with ease
- Better support with SIP trunks service as ISDN investment and support becomes obsolete
- Increased flexibility to meet the changing needs of your workforce
- Improved scalability to help drive business growth
- Enhanced quality of service (QoS) for customers for telephony and other calling services
- Improved resilience with built-in disaster recovery provisions
- Increased visibility of performance metrics to improve productivity and overall business performance
A major factor is that businesses are demanding more flexibility from their telephony system. Your voice and data connections are vital components of your business - but so is the cost and flexibility of running multiple business phone lines.
We are one of the best SIP providers and as more customers move to SIP you may find your current ISDN provider has a vested interest in keeping your business phone system stuck in a contract that is costing you more than it should.
Have you moved to SIP trunks from obsolete and outdated ISDN?