SIP Trunks - Prepare for the ISDN switch off in 2025
VoIP on SIP trunks provide multimedia flexibility and intuitive control over your business voice and business data while running multiple lines across different devices.
Have you moved to SIP trunks for your business phone lines, from obsolete and outdated ISDN phone lines?
In 2015, BT announced it will switch all its ISDN phone lines to VoIP (Voice over IP) on SIP trunks by 2025. It’s a smart move for BT to remove the legacy from its network to better compete as IP becomes standard for all communications services, however the task is huge, the costs for you are unknown, and the transition might not be smooth.
BT will stop the process before 2025 and will stop selling ISDN in 2020 - you don't want to be left with obsolete and expensive business phone lines with uncontrolled costs.
Another challenge is the convergence of IT and telecomms to adapt to the fast-paced business world. Unified communications is the ideal.
- Businesses who have already moved to SIP for their communications are more agile and competitive, because it provides better connectivity, lower costs and better call quality.
- A huge 67% of IT managers don't know what SIP is. Many concerns that business owners have about SIP trunks are unfounded; it is simply a better quality IP based service for telephony and multimedia.
The benefits of voice over IP (VoIP) are proven for your office phone system – our SIP trunks provide more flexible, cost effective and collaborative features than ISDN phone lines. A business that runs on SIP phone lines is powered for scale and collaboration.
ISDN to SIP adoption is one of the easiest technical migrations and can be done remotely within a day for your entire business, across locations, by a good business VoIP provider.
- Move offices and still keep the same geographic number where you were based, with no call forwarding costs.
- Reduce call costs. IP connectivity costs less than ISDN and offers free internal calls.
- Maintain better business continuity. Re-route calls to alternative destinations quickly and easily in times of disruption.
- Your business has the ability to add, remove and change business phone lines and re-route to multiple devices
- Rationalise ISDN lines and reduce the number of PBXs – your virtual PBX can now be hosted in the cloud
- Utilise a phone service that can cope with any emergency and offer 100% uptime
- Use a single SIP phone line for high quality voice and data services
- Integrate call recording, reporting and storage for compliance and training purposes.
- Cost efficiency and no upfront investment with SIP phone lines to support your business phone solution
- Reduced cost with significant savings to be made on call costs and line rental
- SIP call quality is better than ISDN with the right internet connectivity
- VoIP service and VoIP phones enables voice, video and audio conferencing with ease
- Better support with SIP trunks as ISDN investment and support becomes obsolete
- Increased flexibility to meet the changing needs of your workforce
- Improved scalability to help drive business growth
- Enhanced quality of service (QoS) for customers for telephony and other calling services
- Improved resilience with built-in disaster recovery provisions - for both voice disaster recovery and data disaster recovery.
- Increased visibility of performance metrics to improve productivity and overall business performance
Businesses (plus public sector organisations such as schools) demand more flexibility from their telephony system. Voice and data connections are the foundation of your business - but the cost and flexibility of running and redirecting multiple business phone lines is the foundation of great customer experience management.
Have you moved to SIP trunks from obsolete and outdated ISDN?
We are one of the best business SIP and VoIP providers in the UK and we can advise how to incorporate our cost-effective and fully supported SIP Trunks into your total communications strategy for the future.