Let’s talk cloud—or, should I say, let’s talk in the cloud. Research shows that by 2020, 78% of small and midsize businesses will be fully adapted to the cloud—almost double that of 2014. One of the main drivers in this growth is the way we share and communicate. By bringing disparate communication channels together onto a common platform, companies stand to gain tremendous productivity and efficiency increases. But, for all the benefits, there’s no denying that moving to communications in the cloud can be challenging. Working with a trusted partner is critical to avoiding some of the common issues that can arise.
The Many Challenges That Can Cloud Your Journey
Like many SMBs, you may be facing limited IT budgets and capital, so cost-efficiency is paramount, which means no room for error in mapping out a cloud strategy.
Moving to communications in the cloud can also mean an increase in complex application environments, and the need for more scalability in line with application usage. You need to find a balance between purchasing and maintaining IT tools, vs. coping with legacy systems and aging infrastructure. Making this all the more complex is limited IT resources and the increasing cost of attracting/training/retaining IT staff.
That said, the benefits of making the move are considerable and well-documented, and approached correctly it’s a sound commercial decision, giving you:
- A predictable expense model with subscription-based payment options—you only pay for what you use
- Access to the latest technology with real-time monitoring, with management and analytics included in many solutions
- More time for your IT staff to focus on more strategic initiatives
- The ability to scale up or down as needed, on demand in response to your business peaks and troughs
So Where Do You Start?
The Avaya IP Office platform gets you to the hybrid cloud quickly, easily and cost-effectively. A powerful unified collaboration solution, IP Office has a simple migration capability that takes you from hardware, virtualisation, and cloud deployments, to a hybrid cloud. It unites all of your communication and collaboration solutions onto a universal platform.
Why Migrate to Avaya IP Office in the Cloud?
- Common code base—no retraining of staff
- Worldwide partner expertise
- Investment protection
- Reuse IP, digital, cordless and analog devices
- Repurpose IP Office 500v2 as a gateway and failover
- Cloud critical features: built-in, always on security and centralised management
- Unique hybrid resilience—whether cloud-to-premise, or premise-to-cloud
Envision Your Migration With Avaya
Get in touch to discuss your own requirements, and together we can map out how IP Office can help transform your IT operations and put your communications in the cloud.
Adapted from 'Avaya IP Office Can Speed Your Journey to Communications in the Cloud' by Ioan MacRae, originally posted on the official website of Avaya.